Monday, October 13, 2008

"Stop watching !@#$ING LOST!"

Here is a 15 minute keynote address by Gary Vaynerchuk (Wine Library) from the Web 2.0 Expo NYC

I LOVE this video. I've been following @garyvee on twitter for some time now, and apart from being wildly hilarious and endlessly amusing, the guy is clearly onto something. Most people will watch this video and think "but it's not that easy! I can't just decide to start doing something I love and make money off of it, otherwise everyone would be doing it." And you know what? I think everyone SHOULD be doing it. Part of what I love about being an entrepreneur is "the hustle" as Gary calls it. The constant fire in your belly and yearning to devote every waking hour to whatever your passion (your business) is. A while back, I blogged about how hard it was making the decision to quit my day job to strike out on my own and start Fave Handbags. And I admit, if it weren't for my amazing support system (Karlo, you rock!), there were a million times when I might have packed it in, and gone back to my old job. But what keeps me going is what Gary is talking about - Passion and Patience. I have the passion to keep going, and since nothing has ever happened for me overnight, I have the patience to see this through to the end. I'm completely inspired by Gary, and the many others who are doing what they love and I hope you find some inspiration in this video too.

What keeps you inspired?

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: