Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Heart New York

So, last month Karlo and I took a trip to NYC. I would have written about it sooner, except that as soon as we got back (like, days after returning home), I was rushed to the hospital with stomach pains and ended up having to have emergency surgery to remove some large tumours from my ovaries. Don't worry, I'm all healed now and back to normal. Anyways, the point is, the last 6 weeks of my life have been pretty much exclusively concerned with post-op dealings. But now I'm ready to get back in to the swing of things and dwell on the fun stuff, such as our amazing trip.

I have to say, I absolutely LOVE New York. Corny as it sounds, while we were there, I actually had feelings of "I get it now, I know why everyone wants to 'be a part of it, New York, New York!'" Ha ha. There's nothing that I didn't love while we were there. Everything is bigger and better and more exciting there. Now, don't get me wrong, being born and raised in Vancouver, BC, Canada has definitely contributed to my love of a laidback, easygoing lifestyle. But there's just something in the air over there, something that makes you want to be out and about all the time. Here at home, everyone pretty much knows I'm a homebody; my idea of a good night is hunkering down at home with my boyfriend, a good movie and some popcorn. Simple. Enjoyable. Easy. But when we were in New York, I didn't want to sit still for a minute. I wanted to be out on the streets of NYC doing/seeing/experiencing something exciting at all times. I think the most sleep we got the entire time we were there was like 3 hours one night. It was exhausting, but it was absolutely worth it. We will definitely go again soon, and if I had my way, we'd even live there for a year or two. But that's all for another post. For now, I'll leave you with just a few of my favourite pics from our trip, and let me say, it was hard to narrow them down since we took over 500 pictures!





No comments: