Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Flock this!

So I've heard several people mention Flock so today I tried it for the first time. And OH MY GOD does it make my life a lot easier!! If you've never heard of Flock, it's a social media browser, perfect for those of us who are tired of logging into facebook, twitter, gmail, blogger, digg, del.icio.us, Flickr, YouTube, etc, etc separately and having to update each individual account/service one at a time. Read: no more wondering if you've missed a million tweets while you were on Facebook commenting on so-and-so's latest video. With Flock, you can see the realtime updates on all of your fave social media accounts on the sidebar while you are doing whatever it is you're doing on your main browser tab (see screen shot for example). Now, admittedly I am new to the Flock thing, hell I'm new to all social media/web2.0, but I can tell that it's going to be a timesaver for me as well as a necessity in the long run. So far, during my tenure (read: 30 mins) as a bonafide Flock enthusiast, I've managed to check my gmail account, tweet a few times, update my FB profile, bookmark a few new pages on del.icio.us and update my blog all from this browser, all the while still witnessing the exact moment that "Mr.X" updated his profile and a dozen different tweeple tweeted "good night" to the rest of us here on the west coast.

The only problem right now is that I'm tired, the caffeine from my 3 cups of coffee today have worn off and now I'll either have to go to bed super early or have another cup (but then I won't be able to sleep in a few hours when I actually want to), so I'll just end this blog entry with an apology: to anyone reading this, and especially to anyone working for/related to/using Flock, I'm sorry for my (basically incoherent) description of what it can do. Once again, I'm tired and probably shouldn't have tried to blog in this state of mind=P I promise I will blog about Flock again at a later date when I can speak eloquently of its many wonderful uses, and do Flock some justice!


Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: